Every day we are learning and developing our knowledge, and so too is the technology we use. With our industry becoming more and more technology heavy and data driven, it’s important for us to understand what opportunities this creates for our farming businesses. But when the industry is gathering speed every day, how do we sort the wheat from the chaff? And more importantly, how can we utilize it to help us improve our bottom line?
Agree Decision Ag is an independent consulting service that can assist you in discovering how precision agriculture can help you make more informed decisions that ultimately improve your business. We are passionate about delivering solutions to our clients that are clear, user-friendly and easily incorporated into your operation.
We can use the data you’re already collecting, as well as provide additional information that will assist you to make more informed decisions to positively impact your bottom line. We can create custom packages to suit your goals- whether you want to improve yield, increase sustainability or improve the efficiency of your inputs. Agree Decisions is here to help you pull profits from your data. The future of our industry is here, and we’re here to facilitate it for you.
Precision Agriculture has long been perceived to be "too hard, too complicated or too expensive". This doesn't need to be the case and our goal at AGree is to simplify the complexity and break this perception.
With advancements in modern machinery and guidance, a lot of this precision equipment now comes standard but is often underutilized, and in many cases never used. Yield mapping has been commercially available in modern harvesters since the mid 90's, and many growers have multiple years of yield data stashed away in the top drawer of the office, but haven't made an agronomic decision based on this data. Elevation maps are also recorded with every pass of your equipment when set to "on guidance", but this is rarely used.
The data is already collected by your GPS and equipment software, ready to be used. The information can be analysed, calibrated and layered to produce maps that can be used for Variable Rate Technology (VRT). These are then sent back to the user/farmer ready to use. Once loaded (we can show you how) it is as simple as hitting go on your guidance system and let your equipment take care of the rest. Alternatively, these layered maps can also provide priceless paddock analytics that can assist you in making agronomic management decisions.
SO WHERE DO WE START?
- Begin with a goal in mind. Do you wish to increase your production and yield at harvest time? Do you want to improve the efficiency and placement of your inputs? Start the discussion about how you may be able to achieve your goals and whether these goals align with precision ag capabilities.
- Ensure your equipment can accurately record the field work. Nearly all new equipment is precision ag ready and older equipment can be easily updated to suit your needs.
- Start with machine and harvest data. It is the easiest to analyse and gives you a massive amount of usable information that you can then build on. Historical imagery can provide a cheap basis if other data is minimal.
- Use your field data to control your equipment to maximise yield while minimising costs with tools like Variable Rate and Section control.
- Conduct on-farm trials to validate zones and changes made. This helps us quantify the difference precision ag is making to your bottom line.
WHERE TO FROM THERE
- Agronomic consultation and farm planning
- Data collection, processing and analyzing
- Topsoil mapping, soil testing and creating management zones
- Leaf tissue testing
- Prescription map creation - seed, nutrition, trace elements and pesticide application
- NDVI imagery for in-crop decision support
- Moisture monitoring through soil moisture probes
- Localised weather data and climate information through on-farm weather stations
- Water flow modelling
- Profit, elevation and pH maps
At AGree we can assist in determining the capabilities of your current equipment and the compatability of systems, to ensure maximum utilisation. We can consult on the suitable farm software programs best suited to your operation, to ensure all data is in one accessible platform.
Install of the CropScan 3300H Seed Analyser completed today. Are you interested in this technology? Come see Emmetts at the YP Field Days (Site 165) next week and have a look at the CropScan display! @EmmettsGroup @AgreeDecisions @cropscan @DaysYorke #JohnDeere #PrecisionAg https://t.co/EgCJ2MULSz
The Metos Eco D3 fits any farming operation from broad acre to horticulture! 🌾🍓 https://t.co/KYn8KRisDs