With the challenge upon us to grow more with less, the need to find greater efficiencies with inputs and boost our yields at the same time has become key to success. Precision ag with AGree Decision Ag can help you find the information you need to achieve these things.
AGree Decision Ag is an independent consulting service that will help you sort the wheat from the chaff when it comes to precision agriculture services. The team can help you determine which pieces of information you need to successfully use precision ag implements and farm management strategies.
The AGree Decision Ag team know how your machine works and the exact information you need to get the most out of your precision ag implements. Whether this information comes out of your machine (for example yield data, elevation) or agronomic data (e.g. soil mapping, crop vigour, biomass etc), the team can lead the way.
“Data enabled Decisions”
SO WHERE DO WE START?
- Begin with a goal in mind. Do you wish to increase your production and yield at harvest time? Do you want to improve the efficiency and placement of your inputs? Start the discussion about how you may be able to achieve your goals and whether these goals align with precision ag capabilities.
- Ensure your equipment can accurately record the field work. Nearly all new equipment is precision ag ready and older equipment can be easily updated to suit your needs.
- Start with machine and harvest data. It is the easiest to analyse and gives you a massive amount of usable information that you can then build on. Historical imagery can provide a cheap basis if other data is minimal.
- Use your field data to control your equipment to maximise yield while minimising costs with tools like Variable Rate and Section control.
- Conduct on-farm trials to validate zones and changes made. This helps us quantify the difference precision ag is making to your bottom line.
WHERE TO FROM THERE
- Agronomic consultation and farm planning
- Data collection, processing and analyzing
- Topsoil mapping, soil testing and creating management zones
- Leaf tissue testing
- Prescription map creation - seed, nutrition, trace elements and pesticide application
- NDVI imagery for in-crop decision support
- Moisture monitoring through soil moisture probes
- Localised weather data and climate information through on-farm weather stations
- Water flow modelling
- Profit, elevation and pH maps
At AGree we can assist in determining the capabilities of your current equipment and the compatability of systems, to ensure maximum utilisation. We can consult on the suitable farm software programs best suited to your operation, to ensure all data is in one accessible platform.