Precision Agriculture has long been perceived to be "too hard, too complicated or too expensive". This doesn't need to be the case and our goal at AGree is to simplify the complexity and break this perception.
With advancements in modern machinery and guidance, a lot of this equipment now comes standard but is often under utilised, and in many cases never used. Yield mapping has been commercially available in modern harvesters since the mid 90's, and many growers have multiple years of yield data stashed away in the top drawer of the office, but haven't made an agronomic decision based on this data. Elevation maps are recorded with every pass of your equipment when set to "on guidance", but this is rarely used.
Data is already collected by your GPS and equipment software. The information can be analysed, smoothed and layered to produce prescription maps for Variable Rate Technology (VRT). These are then sent back to the user/farmer ready to use. Once loaded (we can show you how) it is as simple as hitting go on your guidance system and let your equipment take care of the rest.
“Data enabled Decisions”.
So where do we start?
- Ensure equipment can record the field work. Nearly all new equipment is ready and older equipment can be updated.
- Start with machine and harvest data. It is the easiest to understand and gives you a massive amount of usable information that you can then build on.
- Historical imagery can provide a cheap basis if other data is minimal.
- Use your field data to control your equipment to maximise yield while minimising costs with tools like Variable Rate and Section control.
- On farm trials are critical to validate zones and changes made.
- Agronomic consultation and planning.
- Data collection and processing.
- Soil testing, mapping and zoning.
- At AGree we can assist in determining the capabilities of your current equipment and the compatability of systems, to ensure maximum utilisation.
- Consult on suitable farm software programs best suited to your operation, to ensure all data is in one accessible platform.
- Prescription map creation - seed, nutrition, trace elements and pesticide application.